The come back of the drive-in cinema
The Covid-19 crisis will have transformed our daily lives in many ways, including our leisure activities.
The confinement forced us to stay at home, to abandon the darkened theatres and to prefer a film on the small screen via a streaming service. Many of the films have been postponed to better days.
But the entire film industry is not at a standstill. A phenomenon that has been somewhat neglected for sometime is rising from its ashes: the drive-in movie experience!
An experience tailor-made for the pandemic
In many large cities, the experience has been repeated over the last few months
- a spacious outdoor area
- a big screen
- an audio system via your car radio
- and optionally a popcorn machine ;-)
The drive-in movie experience is practically adapted to the pandemic:
the experience takes place outside
the cars are at a good distance from each other and ensure sufficient physical distance between them
contacts are very limited because they are controlled (electronic payments, food with drive-through service, ...)
Fun and social
Participating in a drive-in movie viewing means being cautious while sharing your love of the cinema.
What could be more natural than to complete the experience with the presence of a Social Wall that will have the effect of :
- bringing fun by making the participants wait while they send their best pictures on a giant screen
- amplifying the notoriety of the experience and the promotion of the film. Each message sent on the networks is a message sent to a community that will then want to share this experience as well
- increasing the engagement around a brand or a sponsor. Add a contest of the most beautiful photo, combined with the use of a hashtag of a brand and you get the lethal weapon that will explode the number of messages related to the brand sponsoring the event.
If you want to set up a Social Wall for a Drive-In experience, contact us.
Want the ultimate drive in cinema experience? Don't forget to enter our competition at each screening, in which you could win an upgrade into a luxury VIP experience in a Mitsubishi L200 truck, complete with drinks and snacks. To enter, simply take a selfie of your group enjoying the Drive In from inside your car before the screening, upload it to social media using #movieswithmitsubishi and tagging @thelunacinema, @mitsubishimotorsuk, and your Drive In location, and you could be in with the chance of winning!